Delta Chi Fraternity maintains high academic expectations from its members and associates:
- Delta Chi GPA is typically at or above the University average GPA.
- Associate members (new recruits) are expected to observe study hours based on academic performance, and are required to have a 2.5 GPA to initiate.
- Upperclassmen mentorship for associate members is always available and ensures that new members have the support they need academically.
- Delta Chi offers scholarships and semesterly incentives for its members. For more information about available scholarships, please refer to our Scholarship Page.
- Each week of the school year, members attend social functions with one or more sororities.
- Socials usually have a theme – Jersey Party, Cowboy/Cowgirl, Around the World, etc.
- Informal social events at the Delta Chi house, such as sand volleyball and barbecues.
- Tailgating before Iowa Hawkeye football games.
- Homecoming and Greek Week events each semester.
- Semi-formal in the Fall, Formal dinner and dance in the Spring
- Members compete in the various intramurals offered, such as football, basketball, soccer, and softball.
Delta Chi participates in Philanthropic events that benefit the community and charities. Our primary donations go to The Jimmy V Foundation for Cancer Research. Delta Chi is also very active with many on-campus and off-campus events, such as:
- “Puppies and Pizza” for the Fall Semester Philanthropy
- Dance Marathon
- Habitat for Humanity
- Fraternity & Sorority Life – Day of Service
- Buffalo Wild Wings week where a percentage of the proceeds go towards the Jimmy V Foundation.
- Participation in sorority-sponsored events including Casino Night, wing-eating contests, sports tournaments, etc.